Calgary’s Best Kids (4-6 years) Muay Thai
Why Choose Us:
Elite offers Muay Thai/Kickboxing classes for Kids starting at 4 years old. This is a parental involvement class, where parents get to work one on one with their little one, holding pads to improve coordination and teach the technical skills of the sport. This is all done with our professional instructors guiding you and your child through traditional Muay Thai techniques in a simple and straight forward manner to make learning easy and fun.
Get Access To Our Schedule
What to expect from a class:
- We start with a warm up, involving the entire body with movement, footwork and motor coordination activities. These drills are key to starting up the mind and body, and building the neural networks for better coordination as the children mature.
- We then move on to pad work and Muay Thai techniques involving the parents. These techniques involve punching, kicking, knees and elbows and will include defensive and countering drills for self-defence.
- Finally, we end with a cool down, a fun game, and learning some cultural facts regarding the Muay Thai sport.
Benefits of Muay Thai and Martial Arts:
- Improve motor coordination.
- Improve self confidence.
- Improve discipline.
- Better concentration.
- Bonding between parents and children.